Fitness does not have to be hard work. In order to help you we made these tips to add fun and focus to your routine.
Does it ever happen to you that you start a fitness program and then you quit it? Well, you are not alone. There are many people like you, who have started fitness programs but then stop it when they get tired of it or when they saw that results come very slowly. So, in order to help you we are going to give you a few tips to help you stay motivated.
1. You need to set your goals. You should start with simple goals and then move to the longer range goals. You need to remember to make your goals possible and realistic. Yes, we know that is easy to get irritated and to give up easily if your goals are too determined.
So, if you haven’t exercised for while, your short-term goal could be to run for ten minutes a day 3 days per week. So, after that your intermediate goal could be to run thirty minutes 5 days per week. And at the end your long-term goal could be to run sixty minutes six days per week.
2. Try to make it fun. You should find activities and sports that you enjoy. You should try something different if you don’t enjoy in your workouts. You can join a volleyball league for example. Or take a ballroom dancing classes. You can check out martial arts center. The thing is that you need to find out your hidden athletic talent. Also, keep in mind that exercise doesn’t have to be hard work. You just need to have fun and to stick with a fitness program.
3. You should make physical activity as a part of your daily routine. Yes, it is hard to find some time for exercise, but don’t be like those people who fall back on excuses. You need to consider your exercise as an important activity. You can also exercise during your busy day, such as taking the stairs instead of elevator. Also, do strength training or you can ride a stationary bike while you watch TV.
4. Put it all on the paper. So what is your goal? To lose weight? To sleep better? To boost your energy? Well, whatever is the reason you should write it down .It can help you to stay motivated by seeing the benefits of regular exercise on paper. Also, you can keep an exercise diary. You can record what you did during every exercise session – how you felt afterward and for how long you exercised. It can help you to work toward your goals by recording your efforts – and also remind you that you’re making progress.
5. You should reward yourself. You should take a few minutes to enjoy the good feelings that exercise gave you, after every exercise session. Also, some external rewards can help you too. Buy yourself to a new tunes or a new pair of walking shoes to enjoy while you exercise – when you reach your longer range goal.